>Home >More Information >FAQ's >Q & A: Treasurer's Office

Q & A: Treasurer's Office


Where do I pay my taxes?

Taxes may be paid by mail, by drop box or in person at City Hall or online by clicking "Online Water/Tax Bill Pay" button on the City's website.


Where is the City’s payment drop box?

The City’s payment drop box is located between the two entrance drives to the City Hall parking lot.


Can I put cash in the drop box?

No, we recommend that you only pay bills with a check or money order and remember to place your payment coupon and check in an envelope.


What are City Hall hours?

City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and we do not close for lunch.


Where do I pay my parking ticket?

The actual parking ticket can be used as a mailing envelope. Simply enclose a check into the envelope and affix a stamp, seal the envelope and drop in the mail. Of course, you can also pay your ticket in person at the Police Department.

I have a question about my parking ticket, who can answer my questions?

You can call the Police Department at 695-5120 to answer all your parking ticket questions.


When are taxes delinquent?

All taxes are delinquent on March 1st of any given year. Meaning, the 2019 summer and winter taxes go delinquent March 1st of 2020. On this date the City no longer can accept payments or answer tax questions. All inquiries will be directed to the Berrien County Treasurer, 269-684-5274 extension 8569.


How many tax bills do I get a year?

The City mails taxes twice a year, July 1st for the summer cycle and December 1st for the winter cycle.


If I do not receive my tax bill and I don’t pay my taxes on time, do I still have to pay penalty & interest charges?

Yes, failure to receive the tax billings does not eliminate the penalties. As a property owner it is your responsibility to make sure you receive your taxes. If you have not received a tax notice by the second week in July and December, please contact City Hall for a copy.


Where do I get my dog License?

City Hall collects dog licenses as a service to the Berrien County Animal Control. We sell the licenses from December 1st to February 28th each year.

The Animal Control office mails the renewal notices in November. Please remember to bring in documentation that confirms your pet’s rabies shot is up to date and, if applicable, that your pet is spayed or neutered.

The current cost of licensing your dog is:


Do I need a garage or yard sale permit?

Yes, permits are required for garage and yard sales. Two (2) garage/yard sale permits will be issued per person or same location in any given year.

Permits are issued at City Hall, and they cost $2.50 each. However, if a person participates in the Annual City Wide Garage Sale Event held every June, this does not count toward your two-permit limit.