Buchanan Area Volunteer & Nonprofit Organizations
In 2020, Reader's Digest named Buchanan as the Nicest Place in America. While we're honored by the designation, this isn't news to us. This is a community steeped in the tradition of volunteering, giving back, and helping others. It's also why we say, Life is Better Here.
Below are just some of the area's volunteer and nonprofit organizations who raise their hand, step up, and jump in to make this a special community:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Southern Lake Michigan Region - Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
- Blue Star Mothers of Southwest Michigan # 179 - Blue Star Mothers is a military support organization that serves our Troops, Veterans and their families. We Honor our Fallen, support each other and encourage patriotism.
- Buchanan Art Center - Using the power of the arts to promote positive social change.
- Buchanan Church of the Nazarene - To see Buchanan and the surrounding communities become the people God created them to be.
- Buchanan District Library - Our mission is to provide quality material, superior programming and exceptional services delivered with care and integrity to meet the needs of our diverse community.
- Buchanan-Galien Lions Club - We Serve.
- Buchanan Garden Club
- Buchanan Little Free Libraries - Take a book, leave a book, share a book.
- Buchanan's Little Free Pantries.. Take What You Need... Donate What You Can
- Buchanan Preservation Society - The Buchanan Preservation Society works to protect and preserve residential, commercial, and industrial neighborhoods and their environments, including specific buildings and structures, while maintaining historic and genealogical records, objects and archives.
- Buchanan Scarecrow Charities
- Fernwood Botanical Garden - Fernwood’s mission is to enrich people's lives by awakening and deepening their appreciation of nature and the possibilities of harmony between people, plants, gardens, and wildlife.
- GateWay Services - Supporting individuals with disabilities and other barriers in their home, community, and workplace.
- Make a Difference Buchanan - More than a DAY...it's a MOVEMENT!
- Michigan Gateway Community Foundation - Fostering a community of philanthropy, for good, forever.
- One Buchanan - Our mission is to advance Buchanan as a city that welcomes and cares for all people irrespective of race, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- One Month at a Time - Providing menstrual products and health education to those in need.
- Redbud Area Ministries (RAM) - An interdenominational and interracial ministry center started to organize the churches in the Buchanan and Galien School Districts to respond to individual and family needs.
NOTE: This is not a comprehensive list. If you would like your organization included, please contact the City Clerk at email@example.com with the organization name, mission, and website/Facebook link.