Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
Downtown Development Tax Increment Finance and Development Plan, 2015 Amendment
Charged with formulating policy and planning public improvements to spur development in Buchanan’s central business district, state law has established DDA’s as the prime vehicle for promoting economic development in downtown areas across Michigan. Examples of possible DDA activities include the formulation of downtown development, parking, beautification plans, the conducting of market studies, promotion of special events, and technical assistance to downtown businesses to help them remain competitive in today’s economy.
The DDA works closely with other community development groups, Chamber of Commerce, Common Committee, Farmers Market Board, Preservation Society, Joint Committee, Friends of McCoy's Creek Trail Committee and the Buchanan Garden Club.
Number of Members: 9
Term: 4 years staggered
Meetings: Second Wednesday of each month, 6:30 p.m. at City Hall
- Jerry FlenarChamber of Commerce President
- William "Bill" Marx, Director
- Dan Vigansky
- Vanessa CrescioTerm ends 2018
- Kevin Barker, SecretaryTerm ends 2019
- Penny Slocum-CorreaTerm ends 2020
- Barbara Wallace, ChairTerm ends 2020
- Sandra HuyvaertTerm ends 2021
- Jennifer TaborTerm ends 2021