>Home >City Services >FAQ's >Q & A: City Clerk

Q & A: City Clerk


What do I have to do to run for the City Commission?

You must be 18 years of age, a registered voter and live within the City limits of Buchanan.  Nominating Petitions must be circulated and endorsed by registered voters of the City and filed with the City Clerk by the deadline.  Nominating Petitions can be obtained from the City Clerk.  All regular elections for local offices shall be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November of each even-numbered year. 


Where do I get a Peddler’s/Solicitors License and how much are they?

When you are going to be selling door-to-door you must request a License through the City Clerk or from the Chief of Police. Both must sign the Peddlers or Solicitors License. Fees are $6.70 per day, $13.50 per week or $33.50 per month. However, United States Veteran’s (with proof) are exempt from the fee. Click Here for Peddlers or Solicitors License


How does my organization put information on the Public Broadcasting Channel 17?

Submit the written information to the City Clerk either in person at City Hall, by mail at City Hall (see address at bottom of this page), by fax at 695-4330 or email the City Clerk. Information is reviewed for content and may be edited.


Where do I go to transfer grave spaces?

The Cemetery Supervisor can assist with a Deed Transfer and can be contacted at 695-3971 or the Clerks Office can assist you. The cost of a Deed Transfer is $25.00. Call 695-3844, stop by City Hall-302 N. Redbud Trail or email the City Clerk.


Is there a Notary at City Hall?

Yes, the Clerk is a Notary and there are other Notary’s at City Hall. The City charges One dollar ($1.00) per signature.


How do I know what’s on a City Commission Meeting Agenda?

The Agenda is posted in the cabinet by the entrance to City Hall and the kiosk on the building at the corner of E. Front Street and Main Street the Friday before a Monday Meeting (Meetings are the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.). It is also posted on this website under City Commission-Agendas & Minutes. The best way is to be involved and come to the meeting as the Commission welcomes all whom attends.