Where does it go?
Buchanan Dial-A-Ride service covers the Buchanan area along with trips to Niles.
Buchanan-Niles Shuttle Service
Buchanan to Niles
- Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
Niles to Buchanan
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
Where to call to schedule a ride
What are the office hours?
- Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sundays & Holidays: Closed
What does it cost?
- In City, including up to one (1) mile outside of City limits:
- Regular: $1.50
- Senior/Disabled*: $0.75
- Beyond one (1) miles outside of City limits:
- Regular: $4.00
- Senior/Disabled*: $2.00
- Children under one (1) year of age: Free
- Children under 12, accompanied by an adult: half fare
- Student attending school activity: $1.00
- * Senior: age 60 or older; Medicare card holder: All individuals of any age may use Buchanan Dial-A-Ride. Persons 60 and over and persons who are physically or mentally disabled are eligible to use the service for half the regular fare. Reduced-fare eligibility cards will be available through the Dial-A-Ride office, located at 4676 E. Shawnee Rd., Berrien Springs.
Things you need to know:
- Buses can come 10 minutes early or 10 minutes later than the scheduled pickup time
- Buses can only wait 2 minutes at each pickup
- A passenger that missed the Dial-A-Ride is considered a no-show. A no-show must be paid on the next scheduled ride
- No-show fare is the cost of the scheduled no-show ride
Weather Closing information:
- FM 94.9, The Coast
- FM 103.7, WZBL
- AM 940, WGMY
- AM 1400, WSJM
- FM 97.5, WYTZ
- FM 98.3, WCSY
- FM 107.1, WIRX
- WSBT TV/Channel 22 News
TITLE VI COMPLIANCE NOTICE: As a recipient of federal financial assistance, Buchanan Dial-A- Ride provides public transit services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. For more information on Buchanan Dial-A-Ride's Title VI obligations, or if you believe you have been discriminated against for any of the above reasons, you may contact our Title VI Coordinator, Kimberly O'Haver at 310 Main Street, St. Joseph, MI 49085, or at (269) 983-8990 or fax 269-983-4248
Alternatively, an individual may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration at the following address:
FTA Office of Civil Rights
Attn: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, Fifth Floor - TCR
1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E.
Washington, DC 20590
If information is desired in another language, please call (269) 983-8990