The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and serves as the Clerk to the City Commission.
The Clerk’s office maintains voter registration records on the State Qualified Voter File, and supervises all City, Local School Districts, State and Federal Elections. All official City records, including the City Charter, Code of Ordinances, Minutes of City Commissions and Boards, Cemetery Records, Employment Personnel Files, Legal Documents, Resolutions, and Policies are maintained by the Clerk’s Office.
Brenda Hess is currently serving as our City Clerk. You can Click here to email our City Clerk or she can be reached by phone at 269-695-3844 ext. 17
Did you know you can register to vote online? Click here to register online.
For FAQs About Voting and Voter Registration, please click here.
AUTOMATIC ABSENTEE APPLICATION LIST REQUEST
With the passage of Proposition 3 in November 2018, voters are no longer required to have a reason to obtain an absentee ballot. If you would like additional information regarding Proposition 3 and how it affects you as a voter, please click here.
Current registered voters can apply to be placed on the automatic absentee voter (AV) application list.
To apply, submit the form below or send an email or written request to the clerk's office.
- You only need to apply once. If you are already on the automatic AV application list, no need to re-apply. An application will be sent to you for each election.
- This automatic list is for registered voters in the City of Buchanan only.
- You will remain on the list unless you change your registration address, your voter registration is canceled, or you request to be removed from the automatic AV voter application list.
The form below is NOT an absentee voter ballot application. This is a request to be on the list to receive absentee voter applications automatically by mail.
Important points to remember:
An application for an absentee ballot must be received before a ballot will be issued. We will never automatically send ballots. We will automatically send applications. A dual application may be used for a primary/general election allowing you to apply for both elections with just one application.
- If you wish to vote in person at the precinct and are on the automatic AV application list, disregard the application and don't return it to the clerk's office.
- All absentee ballots are counted for every election.
- Your ballot must arrive at the clerk's office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day to count.