The Assessing Department staff annually revalues residential, commercial and industrial properties, and calculates personal property accounts. The assessor collects information on sale transactions, and will assess new residential, commercial, and industrial construction projects.
The assessor also maintains records of current ownership, assessed and taxable values, housing characteristics and market data. This information is available to the public through the assessor’s office.
These Buchanan City Assessor Forms are in Adobe PDF files. Click the links below to download the forms of your choice.
- Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit and Instructions
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption (PRE)
- Property Transfer Affidavit and Instructions
- Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption
- State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption
- Hardship/Poverty Exemption Application
- Hardship/Poverty Exemption Guidelines Resolution
- 2018 Federal Poverty Guidelines