Buchanan Area Recreation Board also referred to as BARB
The Goals Statement:
It is the mission of the Buchanan Area Recreation Board to plan, acquire, develop and maintain, in cooperation with the city, township, school district and all interested individuals and groups, a responsive, efficient and innovative community parks and recreation delivery system available to all citizens, composed of a variety of services, park areas and special facilities that contribute to the well-being of the individual, the family and the attractiveness, social and economic health of the greater Buchanan Community.
- Be responsible to citizens needs.
- Encourage citizen participation in decision making.
- Assume responsibility for City level park and recreation services planning.
- Cooperate with other government and recreation agencies, organizations and groups involved in leisure services.
- Inform citizens of available services.
- Provide balanced services at affordable prices.
- Operate efficiently and effectively.
- Operate within available resources.
- Operate special facilities and activities on break-even basis.
- Encourage citizen resource contributions.
- Support efforts for economic growth.
- Provide safe and secure parks and facility environment.
- Attract and retain competent and service oriented personnel at competitive wages.
- Increase physical beauty of all areas.
- Work cooperatively with other community organizations to improve the quality of life of Buchanan residents.
Additional links on this topic: